Trifle is one kind of dessert, which is usually made with fruit, sponge cake and custard; it often topped with ice cream or whipped cream. Here is a blueberry trifle recipe, where the lemon curd gives an extra layer of decadence.
- Good-quality lemon curd – 250g
- Plain sponge cake – 300g
- Blueberries – 1 punnet
- Limoncello – 1/3 cup (80ml)
- Thickened cream – 600ml
- Caster sugar – 125g
- Lemon juice – 100ml
- Mascarpone – 250g
- Slivered pistachios – to serve
- At first set aside 3.5 tablespoons of lemon curd and cut sponge cake into 1.5 cm thick slices.
- Spread remaining curd in cake slices. Make a layer of this cake in a 1.5-liter capacity serving glass bowl. Scatter blueberries over the cake layer and sprinkle limoncello.
- Place 500 ml thickened cream in a medium pan and heat over medium heat. Add caster sugar and cook until just below boiling point. Decrease the heat to low; simmer for about 5 minutes. Add lemon juice and stir. Then pour this mixture over the cake-blueberry layer. Allow to cool and then place in refrigerator to chill for about 2 to 3 hours.
- Place mascarpone and remaining thickened cream in a medium mixing bowl; whisk until thick. Swirl through some remaining reserved lemon curd. Pile this mixture over the top of the cake layer.
- Drizzle the rest lemon curd over the top and garnish with pistachios; serve immediately.s
The refreshing lemon curd filling and fresh blueberries give this blueberry trifle plenty of colors.
You May Also Read
blueberry trifle dessert recipes, Easy blueberry trifle dessert recipes