Lobster has a long body with muscular tail and they live in crevices on the sea floor. Grilled lobster is one of the most popular dishes in Boston. Here is a grilled spicy lobster recipe which is flavored with chiles, butter, lime and cilantro.
- Unsalted butter (softened) – 4 ounce
- Cilantro (minced) – 3 tbsp.
- Fresno or Holland chiles (stemmed, seeded and minced) – 4
- Lime (zested and quartered) – 1
- Live Lobsters – 2 (2-lb.)
- Extra-virgin olive oil – 1⁄4 cup
- Kosher salt – to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper – to taste
- Place butter, chiles, lime zest and cilantro together in a small mixing bowl and stir to combine; set aside.
- Split each lobster in half lengthwise using a heavy kitchen shears through its head and tail. Cut off the claws and scoop out and the yellow-green innards of each lobster.
- Place the lobster halves in a baking tray with shell side down. Crack the claws of lobster and place them in the baking tray. Drizzle lobsters with extra-virgin olive oil and season with salt and black pepper.
- Heat a gas grill to medium-high (400° F) or made a medium-hot fire in a charcoal grill.
- Place lobster halves by arranging flesh side down and claws on the grill. Cook for about 5 minutes and turn over lobster halves and claws occasionally. Spread cilantro-chile butter over each lobster and keep cooking for about 3 minutes more or until cooked evenly.
- Remove lobsters from grill pan and place in a serving dish.
- Garnish with lime wedges and serve.
You can make a great lobster roll with any leftover of lobster; simply cut them into bite-size pieces, toss with mayonnaise and place in a toasted buttered hot dog bun.
You May Also Read
Grilled Lobster with Cilantro 2017, Easy Grilled Lobster with Cilantro, New Grilled Lobster with Cilantro