Roasted Celery Root with Cumin and Parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 large celery root (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small red onion
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves
- Put a baking sheet inside an oven rack position at the middle. Heat up the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Chop the cumin seeds and throw to a bowl. Trim the ends of the celery root and peel and get rid of the exterior. Cut the root into 3/4-inch-thick planks and make 3/4-inch cubes of the planks. Throw the cubes in the bowl along with the cumin seeds, olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of black pepper.
- Cut the red onion into halving and slice them thinly. Withdraw the hot baking sheet from the oven and spread the cubes. Add the onion slices to the bowl the celery root was in and coat them with the residual oil and seasonings. Place the onions over the celery root and put back into the oven for a roast. In case the onions are in some contact with the pan they would get too dark or burn.
- As soon as the cubes begin to brown on the bottom, may take 15 minutes, toss up the vegetables around, scatter the onions around the pan, flatten again and continue to roast till the vegetables are very soft when pierced with a knife, about 10 minutes more. Withdraw from the oven and cool it for a few minutes before throwing with the parsley leaves and a drip some olive oil.
Vegetarian Pot Pie
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
2 small heads fennel, finely chopped (3 cups)
1/2 yellow onion, thinly chopped
2 medium carrots, peeled and thinly chopped (2 or 3 cups)
12 ounces white button mushrooms, sliced (5 cups)
1 russet potato, peeled and diced small (about 2 1/2 cups)
1/4 cup flour
1 cup mushroom broth
1 cup whole milk
1 cup frozen baby green peas
1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh chives
1/4 cup parsley
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 large egg yolk
7 ounces store-bought puff pastry or pie dough
Heat up the oven to 400 degrees F and place a rack in the middle.
Melt butter over medium heat in on a heavy bottomed saucepan. As soon as it foams, add fennel, onions, and carrots, and cook until ingredients soften and onions are limpid, it will take about 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and potato, seasons with salt and grounded black pepper, and stir until coat. Keep cooking with rare stirring, until mushrooms are soak off water and are shrunken totally, it will take 6 minutes.
Sprinkle some flour over the vegetables, stir to coat, and cook until raw flavors says bye, bye!
Cautiously add broth and milk, stir constantly till mixture becomes smooth. Bring upto a simmer over medium heat and cook until it thickened a bit, may take 5 minutes.
Withdraw from heat, add peas, herbs, and vinegar, stir to coat. Season them well with salt and ground black pepper. Turn them into an preferred sized baking dish.
Whisk egg with 2 teaspoons water and a pinch of salt and mix them well. Keep it aside.
Using kitchen shears, cut dough to fit the baking dish. Arrange dough over filling and tuck into the edges of the dish. Brush the dough with egg and cut slits in the top to vent. Place on a baking sheet and bake so that crust is golden brown and mixture gets bubbling, may take 25 to 30 minutes. Let sit for 5 minutes then serve.
Baked Green Bean Fries
1 cup Panko, a Japanese-style breadcrumb
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Pinch of cayenne pepper
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 1/2 pounds trimmed green beans, trimmed
1/2 cup flour
2 large eggs, beaten
Heat up oven to 425 degrees F. Oil a baking sheet lightly or coat with nonstick spray.
In a bowl, mix Panko, Parmesan and cayenne pepper; season well with salt and pepper. Keep it aside.
Dredge green beans in flour, immerse them into eggs and then dig up in Panko mixture, press to coat.
Arrange green beans in a single layer on a baking sheet. Arrange into an oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, so that it becomes golden brown and crisp.
Thank you for visiting us. I hope you like our recipe and give it a try. Keep visiting for more recipes are coming soon.
healthy vegetable recipes for dinner, easy healthy vegetable recipes, healthy vegetable recipes South Africa, healthy vegetable recipes for launch