A common American meal which is based on meat may contain one vegetable or another side dish. Side dishes may be in the form of a salad or starch-based side dishes like bread, rice, potatoes or pasta. Here is a side dish recipe, which is based on tomato and shallots.
What We Need:
- Fresh tomatoes (sliced) – 5
- Shallots (coarsely chopped) – 5
- Olive oil – 1/2 cup
- Balsamic vinegar – 1/4 cup
- Loaf of french bread (for dipping) (optional) – 1
How to Make:
- First of all, core and slice fresh tomatoes. Then arrange them in a shallow pattern on a serving plate.
- Sprinkle the coarsely chopped shallots over tomatoes.
- Whisk olive oil and balsamic vinegar together in a small bowl and then pour the mixture over the tomatoes.
- Set aside for 5 minutes before serving. It can also be refrigerated (covered) for up to 3 days.
- Serve with French bread.
You can also add fresh cucumber slices with tomato slices and may use warm baguettes for the bread or your desired one. After tomatoes are finished, you can dip the bread in marinade to eat.
The dish is more preferable as a side dish as it takes a little time to prepare.
You May Also Read –
Incoming Searches –
Mediterranean Summer Tomatoes 2017, easy Mediterranean Summer Tomatoes, new Mediterranean Summer Tomatoes