The salad is a dish contains a mixture of small pieces of food, usually vegetables and fruits. It can be served as appetizer, main course, and dessert. Here is a corn salad recipe which consists of corn, cucumber, tomatoes, and cheese. The recipe is most useful for summer days.
What We Need:
- Olive oil (Divided) – 5 Tsp
- Lime juice – 1 Tbsp
- Salt – 1/4 Tsp
- Hot pepper sauce – 1/4 Tsp
- Fresh or frozen corn (Thawed) – 1 to 1/2 Cup
- Cherry tomatoes (Halved) – 1 to 1/2 Cup
- Cucumber (Finely chopped) – 1/2 Cup
- Red onion (Finely chopped) – 1/4 Cup
- Fresh basil (Minced) or dried basil (2 Tsp) – 2 Tbsp
- Crumbled feta cheese – 1/4 Cup
How to Make:
- Take four teaspoons of olive oil, salt, lime juice and hot pepper sauce in a small bowl and whisk well until well combined. Set aside.
- Cook corn in remaining oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and stir until tender. Then transfer this mixture to a medium salad bowl and cool slightly.
- Add finely chopped cucumber, onion, tomatoes, and basil. Drizzle the mixture with dressing and toss well to coat.
- Keep it in the refrigerator for 10 minutes or until chilled before serving.
- Place the mixture in a serving dish and sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately.
This beautiful and healthy salad truly compliments the summer season. The salad is full of fresh vegetables, feta cheese and basil, which gives it a rich, tangy flavor. Diabetic patients can substitute 1 to1/2 fat and 1 starch.
You May Also Read –
Incoming Searches –
Summer Corn Salad Recipe 2017, easy Summer Corn Salad Recipe, new Summer Corn Salad Recipe