Fried rice is a dish made by stir frying cooked rice in a frying pan or wok with other ingredients like vegetables, eggs, seafood or meat. It is usually served as an accompaniment to another dish or by itself. Here is a simple tuna fried rice recipe, which is made with some fresh and simple ingredients to complement the hearty tuna.
- Small cans tuna in spring water (drained) – 2
- Sesame oil – 1 tsp.
- Rice (cooked) – 1 cup
- Soy sauce (salt reduced) – 2 tbsp.
- Mirin – 1 tbsp.
- Small mushrooms (sliced) – 6
- Frozen peas – 1/4 cup
- Red capsicum (diced) – 1/4
- Onion (cut into chunks) – 1/2
- Garlic (crushed) – 2 cloves
- Chili paste or sauce (optional) – to taste
- Squeeze of lemon – to taste
- Place a non-stick frying pan or wok over medium heat. Add sesame oil and heat. Add onion chunks and capsicum to the pan. Stir fry them until softened. Then add mushrooms and garlic; stir fry for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add peas and chili paste/sauce (optional); keep stirring. You can add a little water, if ingredients are sticking to the bottom of the pan. Season the vegetable mixture with cracked pepper.
- Then add cooked rice and combine well.
- Mix soy sauce and mirin together in a bowl and drizzle the mixture over rice; stir to mix. Finally, add tuna and stir gently to combine all.
- At last, squeeze a little lemon over the top of the fried rice and serve.
You can replace tuna with canned salmon or even fresh smoked salmon. If you can’t find tuna in spring water, you can use tuna in chili oil.
You May Also Read –
- 5 Easy Ponytail Hairstyles & Haircuts You Must Try
- Simple Way to Make Healthy Green Bean Egg & Potato Salad
- 10 Natural Curly Hairstyles For Amazing Long & Short Hair
Incoming Searches –
tuna fried rice korean, tuna fried rice recipe indian, tuna mayo fried rice, tuna fried rice filipino recipe, japanese tuna fried rice, canned tuna and rice recipes, century tuna fried rice